Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tequila Lime Pork Tenderloin

It's too hot to be heating up the house with a roast or a casserole. Today was a grilling kind of day. Scratch that, this week was a grilling week. Today's grill item- Pork Tenderloin. I was stumped when I pulled it out of the fridge. I've done pork the same way too many times. I didn't want to be boring. So today I made grown up pork, with tequila and lime. So good and so SIMPLE!



Tequila Lime Pork Tenderloin
Ingredients:
Pork Tenderloin- (or 2)
Cilantro- 1 bunch chopped
Lime- Juice 1/4 cup (I used key lime, it has a sweeter quality)
Salt and Pepper- To taste
Garlic- 3 cloves minced
Tequila- 1/4 cup
Olive Oil- Drizzle
Directions: Place pork tenderloin in a dish or ziplock bag. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Mince garlic and rub into both sides of the meat. Drizzle with olive oil, tequila, and lime juice. Cover with cilantro. Place in refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Grill on high rotating so all sides are brown, basting with leftover marinade. Cook until meat is at 140 degrees, or until just slightly pink. Take off heat and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.




1 comment:

  1. YUM! I've done tequila lime chicken before, but I never thought of trying it on pork. I'm not a fan of pork, but maybe, just maybe, I'd try it this way. I'll have to tell the husband!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!